The Official QONQR Community Forums
CrisgoOftheDead

Are Seekers Worth their Worth

Speaking of Seekers and Seeker4 for this matter. I understand the description however I fail to see the usefulness and benefit of having them. I have had my bases attacked (Seeker4 bots deployed there) with the enemy bots remaining there until I find that base and notice that it has been attacked and then I destroy the remaining bots. I have also attacked enemy bases (with Nano Missiles) and they cut heayily through their Seekers. And to top that I still have Nano bots remaining.

"Description: Seekers are more aggressive than most defensive maneuvers. by deploying seekers in to a battle zone, you'll be leaving a dangerous swarm of defensive bots that will attack incoming enemy formations even when you are offline! "

Anyone have any insight on this?

I know how they work and what to do with them. But I'm not telling. I can tell you that any Legion member will also know because we have a strategy section that details this information.

Knowledge is power SuperTramp' and I'm not sure that letting the swarm know how to use seekers best is a good idea. -I might give you hint the next time we chat though, assuming an alliance agreement can be made.... ;-)

Too bad I can't reach you F3NR0AR so I can see first hand how well they do work =P

Now, I'm not one to tell secrets, but I well say that proper usage involves peanut butter and an Ace bandage. :ph34r:

My seekers used to be stacked about 25% of the zone complement, bit they were getting cut down so now I try about 10%.

Here's a hint: Seekers aren't a bot you benefit from by percentage. They're more of a use "X" number of Seekers to accomplish "X goal".

My understanding is that When you are attacked if seekers are present, the diminish the numbers of attackers by a percentage BEFORE the attackers get to attack.

Zone Invaded

Seekers Destroy Percentage of Invaders

Invaders Attack

Surviving Attack Bots (Zone Assault, ShockWave, Nano Missiles) Fire on Invaders

Final Numbers Posted

It is my understanding that if seekers are present - they are present - there is no additive bonus to stacking them by the thousands and thousands.

I sure hope I am not wrong. or I need to go deploy a ton of Seekers. :)

My understanding is that When you are attacked if seekers are present, the diminish the numbers of attackers by a percentage BEFORE the attackers get to attack.

Zone Invaded

Seekers Destroy Percentage of Invaders

Invaders Attack

Surviving Attack Bots (Zone Assault, ShockWave, Nano Missiles) Fire on Invaders

Final Numbers Posted

It is my understanding that if seekers are present - they are present - there is no additive bonus to stacking them by the thousands and thousands.

I sure hope I am not wrong. or I need to go deploy a ton of Seekers. :)

Ram: As far as I can tell by own testing, you are the closest in understanding for the best use of Seekers.

Ram: As far as I can tell by own testing, you are the closest in understanding for the best use of Seekers.

So it sounds like theoretically you could deploy 1,000 Seekers in a zone and it would have the same effect as deploying 100,000 Seekers?

If that's the case, then it's just silliness. 100,000 guns trained on the approaching invaders should do more damage than 1,000 guns, no?

So it sounds like theoretically you could deploy 1,000 Seekers in a zone and it would have the same effect as deploying 100,000 Seekers?

If that's the case, then it's just silliness. 100,000 guns trained on the approaching invaders should do more damage than 1,000 guns, no?

I would agree. Which is why I started this post. In my testing for both offensive and defensive attacks Seekers are not to worthy. I summarize each attack for results showing which bots were present and how much damage was dealt. I have also been attacked and in my opinion after seeing what I can do to reinforced locations containing Seekers, Their discription is a little misleading and don't seem to effective.

I would agree. Which is why I started this post. In my testing for both offensive and defensive attacks Seekers are not to worthy. I summarize each attack for results showing which bots were present and how much damage was dealt. I have also been attacked and in my opinion after seeing what I can do to reinforced locations containing Seekers, Their discription is a little misleading and don't seem to effective.

Back to talking about Seekers instead of Spammers...

It occurred to me that one good way of dealing with increasing numbers of Seekers and their effects is to apply the law of diminishing returns -- in other words a logarithmic function. 1K Seekers would have X effect. 10K Seekers would then have only 2X (instead of 10X) effect, 100K would have only 3X effect, and so on.

This would satisfy common sense logic (more proactive defenders have more of an effect), and it would keep any one zone from being so well protected that it would be impossible to conquer (er, qonqr) again. Unless you take inspiration from the Australians and deploy 10M Seekers in one zone (5X effect FTW!). :-D

Seekers completely ignore anything that isn't able to attack when deployed in a zone, even if they use them offensively, so in my opinion they can be very useful at sniping any bots capable of shooting back (except deflections, which are completely harmless until you attack them), wiping them out first and letting you lay down your own supports and deflections.

Also, against a lower leveled player, or against a single player who doesn't own many zones, I think seekers are also pretty useful for preventing them from using shockwave to attack. In a group, with allies and Divert, you can also freely do just that without the enemy being able to take your seekers out early. In my opinion, the only things seekers lack over ZA are not being able to shoot at nanomissiles, deflections or supports, and having a higher threat than deflection. Seekers have the plus of being able to deal damage to and weaken an attacking formation before they actually start doing any damage at all to the seeker's zone (except against missiles and plasma beams of course).

As for diminishing impact of seekers, don't ZA, shockwave and nanomissile bots also have diminishing effect against non-combatant bots the enemy deploys in your zone, even if you increase the numbers?

Seekers are working as intended, though there is a bug that has been reported which is not a "critical" bug.

Like F3n said they have their uses, it's detailed in the strategy guide Silver posted, but just like in chess, knowing what all the pieces do has nothing to do with whether you know how to use them. And it can't be explained in a post on a board... but through months of hardcore practice, studying scenarios, calculating outcomes, predicting tendencies, and manipulating the other player...

Seekers also wipe out shockwaves. so having seekers will prevent a.person from launching massive attacks of shockwaves. But they can be easily wipped ojr. So a large number are greak foe getting an attackers bots destroyed count up

Seekers are used for making sure that the enemy cannot just stack defense inside your zone. Without seekers, the only other solution would be to send offensive bots into your own zone, which have worse shields than seekers.