The Official QONQR Community Forums
CrisgoOftheDead

Are Seekers Worth their Worth

I use seekers 90% to attack. The main purpose of seekers are to clear a path for your defensive bots so you can easily establish a beach. Meaning other seekers, zone assault, and shockwave bots.

the other 10% of the time I'll send a seeker strike first as a scout team to ensure the path is clear for othe high value deployments or to see what defense the enemy has established.

Since seekers are easily destroyed by the plasma beam and missiles I've found it best to leave a thin layer to coat my formation. Usually when I'm done clearing out a zone I won't add any more. A good rule of thumb is 5/1 or 4/1 Deflection to seeker ratio until 100,000 Deflection are deployed.

A plasma beam or missile can take out over 4k of seekers in an attack, so what that layer does is:

1) annoy an attacker

2) forces them to use qcredit resources OR waste valuable time/effort & bots dealing with your active defense

3) serves as a warning alarm with a minimal initial cost to your defense.

Your mileage will very with this, so play around and find out what works best for you and your area. In my opinion, if your going to "turtle" at a key location it's better to focus on deflection first, get some zone assault, add your support, then deflection deflection deflection... I'm bored with deflection, lets add some more Zone Assault, Deflection, deflection, DeFlEcTion...

That's, like, just my opinion, man. YOU do You.