The Official QONQR Community Forums
Silver

Windows 8 Command Center

Congratulations! Looking forward to trying this, and the new players it will bring.

I have to admit that I'm really caught between a rock and a hard place on this one. On the one hand I hate hate hate Windows 8. On the other hand I'm an avid Qonqr player and really want this app. ****.

I've been using the command center for a week now and it is greatly improving my strategic planning.

I've noticed that it will populate 100 zones at first. If you leave it up it will start to populate new zones that are recently updated. I found this out by watching the whole USA for a hour or so.

I would like to see the survey lock be customable.

ie: Country, State, and Sphere.

But I'm sure you devs will add lots of amazing things to this app.

Just fired up Win8 through VirtualBox on my iMac. I have a few tweaking to do display-wise but Command Center is up and running. The app is an incredible idea and the KOG Swarm now has a central cell :)

There are obvious limitations I'd like to see raised like more on screen nodes etc, but all in all, a great addition to an already amazing game!

For international players who cannot find it in the market, I believe someone told me you could set your locale/region to English/US, then you could find it. Once downloaded you can switch back to your preferred locale.

I have submitted an update for the command center to the marketplace. This was a very light update.

I fixed a few of the easy bugs (most of the hard ones are in Bing maps and out of my control).

The Surveillance Mode now only shows the red rectangle while zones are downloading and switches to corner hashes. This will make the screen captures much cleaner if you want to share a snapshot of your kingdom with friends.

I added a World Leaderboard. (Don't ask me when it will be in the Windows Phone and iPhone. I don't know.)

I submitted this version to all markets, including China which won't allow maps for Windows Phone. We will see if it gets rejected or not.

Failed certification because we did not have a rating certificate for Korea, South Africa, Brazil, or Taiwan which require their own rating (similar to ESRB). Removing those countries and submitting again.

Guest Cybernetik   
Guest Cybernetik

Passed certification. For the developers in the crowd, We passed certification only 5 hours after resubmission.

Impressive turnaround!

Hi TKramez,

The code that pulls the information from the database supports this functionality and once it is added to the phones, you will see your world ranking, but the Command Center doesn't support login yet, so we don't know who you are when will pull the leaderboards in the command center.

We will add login to the command center in the future.

Honestly I'm not sure. I had to uninstall because I had a developer build on my Surface, so I did a clean install from the store to make sure it was there. It is in the store. If you can't get the store to tell you there is an update available, just uninstall then reinstall.

It should show up, I updated a couple days ago (US). Updates for application show up in the start screen of the store as a really tiny "Updates (#)" label in the top right corner. It would be nice if they'd just auto-update metro applications but it's pretty simple once you notice the extra label has popped up.

I don't know if it's because of it being a virtualization on my Mac, it's the 64-bit version, or what but a.) a fresh reinstall does not allow locked Stumbler Mode and b.) no update option anywhere... :(