The Official QONQR Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
wheatchief

How do you know when zones are being attacked?

Afternoon all. I have just signed up a friend to Qonqr and he joined the swarm just so he can attack me when we are at work but how do I know when he attacks a zone us faceless own?

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Not seen it myself, but if you make your bases into livetiles, I believe you see it on your home screen. I also remember seeing in the settings, in Notification Settings, Notify me when a zone where my base is located is overtaken by the enemy, and Notify me when a zone I captured is overtaken by the enemy. Hope that helps :)

That's a great help. Just found the notifications for a base that's been overtaken and a zone that i captured. But we don't have one for zones we lead in. Feels like it would be too late to defend if someone takes over before you are notified.

Notifications are a hot topic. We have to balance information with traffic. Apple and Microsoft have rules about volume of push notifications. In Apple's case if your push notifications become excessive (no limit documented) your entire account is suspended. So for now, we limit the notifications to loss of capture or zones containing your base.

It makes sense hey Silver.

The data transfer between devices would be crazy, the battery would get chewed up heaps to with the constant ping and updating. I get this all the time, I only get notified once it has happened, but i let the faceless guy in my area get a build up then I hit him with missiles. It isn't really a problem for me over here in WA, few zones to look over, anything not red gets hit.

Anotehr way would be to keep an eye on your bot count for the region, if it goes down you know someone is attacking.

Now i have switched to Legion i am getting a lot more activity in regards to people attacking my zones and so far it is working quiet well. Great tip with the region Goldwalker. Thanks

Would it be an idea to make a seperate app that shows battle stats?

I'm thinking along the lines of different overviews:

- Listing of Zones you have xx bots in (with a star if you are the zone leader) Organised high to low

- Zones where your deployed forces have been attacked, but not lost

- Zones lost (This is currently found in command wire)

- Hot Zones (Zones that have repeatedly switched control in the past 24 hours

Other than the pain that would be switching back and forth between the two, I like this idea. Kind of like Facebook and Facebook messager being separate apps on mobile devices. But the big question is: what exactly would this add to the game rather than just having the data/information somewhere in game?

Good point, two apps running together would be a pain.

Well,... if it were to be merged, I would add it to the Command Centre aswel.

Adding the data would be more of something to boast about whilst allowing you to manage your deployments better.