The Official QONQR Community Forums
DanielMercury

Factions and Leaders

Again, welcome back with me, the loremaster XD.

I was reading the lore of the three factions, when I realized some interesting points I would like to discuss before Silver and the rest of the team will give the true answers in the future updates. You know, just discussing it to throw your guess before we see the real plot, pretty much why this section of the forum exist.

LEGION

So, our good reformed NSA guided by Sunday. One interesting bit I found is that according to the bio Agent Sunday shut down others AI before QONQR.

Needless to say, this is an interesting question, although very simple: what were those other AI? Other AI tried this before QONQR? Could they be connected to QONQR, or maybe mirror sent by it to scout the past territories?

Also, what the Legion aims to do with their victory? Is pretty much a certain thing that QONQR has infiltrated almost every server in the world; to remove it means to reset the whole network from zero. Has the Legion the power to do that, and about power, the ability of the Legion to act in the whole world as an official military force? That would mean all the governments choose a faction, but then on what basis the Swarm manages to operate? They are not a shadow faction like the Faceless, they have an HQ and buildings.

SWARM

If you are a Swarm player, hold your horses that this is big. Have you ever though about your leader? Kimyo Kagumo, nanoengineer, assembling QONQR's future tech and protecting it.

Now, normally it would not sound strange at all, you know what the Swarm is and what are his objective... but let's think about some facts: QONQR is an AI, and that means that regardless his potential it had to be created and built by humans, and his technology too have to be developed by someone right?

So, it's possible that by travelling in time QONQR created a time paradox, inspiring the Swarm to create him? That solves the "why time travelling in the past?" dilemma, but also created an incredible amount of questions: where the timeloop ends, what ends it creates, and especially, if QONQR needs to return to the past at a certain point to exist, that means from the moment QONQR jumps he cease to exist, trapped in the loop unless he manages to duplicate himself in this time.

This also makes me ask if Kimyo could not simply have maternal instinct, but also it's clear that to know the future tech of QONQR, it has to study it like the Faceless do. Isn't this a contradiction on the basis of let it free?

FACELESS

So, the Faceless. I think this is probably one of the shortest talk I'm gonna do here, not because it lacks question but because there are so many secrets about them that you don't even know where to start. I'm not gonna list all the questions about " What is their hierarchy-who is prometheus-how they escape Legion control-blablabla ", I want to point out new things here...and so the only question is simple.

So, the question is: What is their role in all of this?

Prometheus and his faction existed before QONQR, being the vigilante hackers of the world, a sort of Anonymous if you want to see it this way. Suddenly, with the "birth" of QONQR, they decided to seize and exploit it, while taking control of it. It doesn't really look like it's a proper question, but if you think about it the position the Faceless took seems to go a little against what they are in the very beginning.

From paladins of freedom, they became exploiter and a third faction in a war that wishes control more than anything else. It doesn't really sound as Faceless material.

So, 2 cents for your ideas about these theories and questions.

There are a lot of unanswered questions and a lot of the motivations for the factions are somewhat ambiguous. In one sense, this could allow the community to fill in the details but what I would personally like to see is more interaction from the faction characters or other agents maybe here in the forums, or somehow in game maybe through messages to flesh out a more detailed storyline. Something to help us establish the lore more definitively.

NSA is now prepared to reveal that the Quantum Oscillating Nonadiabatic Qubit Resonance AI (QONQR) was originally tasked with the Nuear Query Retrieval on NSA's big hadoop clusters at the Utah Data Center. However Lee Model "ghost states" arose in the non-Hermitian Hamiltonian used, which led to its erratic behavior.

Some have questioned the Turing Task Force's goal of taking QONQR offline. However consider that this AI was designed to monitor the nuclear arsenal of not only this nation, but also of the entire world. It possesses backdoor logins and satellite transponder decryption certificates that could enable it to jeopardize all life on this planet.

Then consider that today's nanotech is fully capable of hacking the human brain directly. We have seen the recent appearance of "hacked humans," AKA the Swarm, incapable of independent thought, operating as "cells" controlled by QONQR, clearly showing this threat is real. Should anyone possessing access to nuclear launch capability be hacked, or should QONQR find a way to circumvent this, then the danger of a "doomsday scenario" is all too real.

I am also afraid to say that these new script kiddies, the "Faceless" as they refer to themselves, have no idea what they are up against. You cannot "hack" into a system that lacks a coherent eigenstate. QONQR has no login, and does not run code. It does not run an operating system. It is a malfunctioning quantum computer.

The tech that QONQR has had its "Swarm" slaves build are stand-alone units it can use to continue operation outside of the Utah Data Center. We were surprised to find it still operating after we took it offline. Then we realized that the self-repairing tech it was designed with (which was to save on man-hours for maintenance under budget cuts), had unforeseen consequences: it's now using this as a method of self preservation.

Therefore we now recruit the citizenry of the world to join the Legion, an international citizen cyber-militia whose task is to launch nanobots against QONQR's remote tech, aiming to find a way of shutting it down for good. The very existence of life on Earth depends on this.

A little less "legion propaganda" and a little more lore exploration.

An addition to what DanielMurcury posted about the Legion leader (Destroying A.I.'s before QONQR). If she used to destroy A.I.'s before QONQR and these factions didn't exist before QONQR arrived, then what exactly was she doing?

Freelance hacker?

Military digital espionage?

Seems to me that it is very likely that Prometheus and Agent Sunday likely know each other.

Thoughts?

My theory is that Prometheus is or was associated with the Turing Task Force or another NSA group. He has access to far more information than would have generally been available to the public, and he did not just find this information by accessing encrypted data files. What his motivations are remain a mystery, perhaps he sees QONQR as a gift for humanity much like the Swarm, only the Swarm seeks to profit from it whereas Prometheus maybe seeks to leave it open and available, much like the Internet. The argument is of course, should such a dangerous thing be embraced at all?

QONQR, nanobots...and the rise of the machines.

According to the bio Gabrielle Sunday worked in the NSA before this. And for those not actually informed about America, NSA exist.

Which means our Sunday was an USA governement agent. Wait, of the Turing task force?

This name is mostly interesting, considering is named after Turing, who is practically the REAL LIFE parent of the very concept of artificial intelligence. It sounds indeed strange the team who should dispose of AI is named after their fathers...

Mmm, I'll have to think about the meaning of this, but it opens to interesting theories on the Legion. I think there is nothing more to add about the Swarm, so I can concentrate on them.

A little less "legion propaganda" and a little more lore exploration.

An addition to what DanielMurcury posted about the Legion leader (Destroying A.I.'s before QONQR). If she used to destroy A.I.'s before QONQR and these factions didn't exist before QONQR arrived, then what exactly was she doing?

Freelance hacker?

Military digital espionage?

Seems to me that it is very likely that Prometheus and Agent Sunday likely know each other.

Thoughts?

Agent Sunday, a neurobiologist when nanotech married it. Expert in the design of independently reasoning neuro-modelled intelligences. Hired by the NSA to develop a monitoring systems based on this technology. Maybe read about Prometheus on ycombinator Hacker News or in a 2600 issue that someone left atop the commode. Had a good laugh about people thinking that knowing something about computers would help anyone hack into a neurobiological system. Later, was surprised at Prometheus' persistence at teaching himself the requisite science necessary to approach the problem of potentially "hacking" into such systems, but still views it as a fundamentally flawed exercise in futility.

Not Legion propaganda, just how I look at it. Hacking something like QONQR would be a monumental undertaking requiring new science.

What I want to kno is who made you lore master Daniel? I certainly wasn't there when that decision was made. :P Also at one point wouldn't Kimyo Nagumo had worked for the government at one point to create the weapons for them to do so? And also how did they get their opinions about QONQR? :huh:

I think that time travel is a void agrugement for the existance of such an AI.

If Qonqr was made in the future, the tech would be far too advanced for our systems, they wouldn't be able to handle the grasp of it. If the AI was made 'backwards' compatable, for the purpose of infecting networks, then it would need to have been a very basic iteration of it's current form. This would mean a slow growth until the needed tech became available to mature further.

For QONQR to be a recent mass infection of our systems, it would have triggered every system it touched as exotic before they became overwhelmed. This would have alerted eveyone to it's presence. Maybe the past AI's Sunday has combated where branches of QONQR, it's attempt at multiple versions to see which sticked better or simply a farce to draw attention away from itself.

I'd guess that it has been slowly intergrating itself into our network over the last 30 years until it was able to manifest into the system it is today. This allowed it to be seen as a common transfer of data between 'nodes' and allow simple 'errors' to lead to necessary technologic breakthroughs that allowed it to manifest even more.

Look at the Y2K software that eveyone invested in.

Sunday knows what she's up against and I'm guessing that Prometheus is on the same page, though he has a different opinon. They both know how to hinder the AI and close it down. It's just that Faceless assimilates it and Legion destroys it.

As for Kimyo, she is trying to further the growth by finding out what the system wants/needs and feeding it as such. Swarm has no actual control over it as that would hinder the growth. They are truly acting as biologists/scientists, monitering the enviroment and applying stimulants to see what sticks. Noting that the AI uses their tech, they use it to further stimulate the growth of QONQR.

I have to admit, of all the theories posted after i pulled this analysis, this is the most intriguing. Seeing the three Leaders not as three ope enemies but just three people with a common idea and different approaches is interesting.

Also I would usually deny any comment that goes against the canon written until now (as it's canon that QONQR comes from the future) but...this fits so well, it cannot just be ignored. Although this whole argument automatically makes everyone wonder if there is a 4th faction, a shadow one working in a completely different protocol.

One thing 100% sure is that if QONQR does not come from the future, it means it's creation spark is human. IA today are still not at the level of self-generation, they can build themselves but create themselves...

As for the "Loremaster" joke...it was a joke :lol: . As I said, I just like a good lore and RP elements in a good game.

Aren't the nanobots AI tech, acquired by Swarm and requisitioned from them by the Legion and stolen by the Faceless? We could all be unwitting p@wns helping Qonqr by spreading its code through the war it has forced us into. Nobody knows its intentions so therefore no one can comprehend its intellectual capacity or cognitive functions such as deception.

Sorry about the @ the censor thing won't let me write the correct non swear word. Therefore making it look like a swear word.

I have something that hasn't been questioned. Who is Prometheus, and could he possibly be one of the other faction leaders? Cuz I mean let's face it (or rather not face) who knows what is behind the mask!? Could it be Sunday? Or maybe Kimyo? Or could maybe all three be be one person!? (Hey it could be possible) So what do y'all think? I'm I being reasonable?

I think Prometheus might just be the original creator of Qonqr... who let it grow out of his control... so now he covers his face in shame.

Or he's got very bad acne. Could be either.

Lol this reminds me how in the Venture Bros. Cartoon show (highly recommended) when the Monarch's henchmen aren't on duty they are just regular people with acne and regular clothes and regular stuff.

Hmm... Did you know if you rearrange the letters in "Prometheus" they can spell "Sheep tumor"?

Coincidence? Or just another piece of the puzzle?

Rearranging them slightly less, you can also get the phrase "use the prom", short for "use the promotional dance". Clearly, just like in West Side Story, Wicked, Grease, and countless other musicals, the big dance will be used as a means for plot development!