The Official QONQR Community Forums
DanielMercury

Factions and Leaders

While I am a big fan of using anagrams to hide one's identity, I don't think this is the case with Prometheus. I enjoy believing that Prometheus is the façade used by whoever wishes to represent the faceless. That being said, I'm surprised the other factions haven't used this "openness" to create harmful propaganda.

I think you're all forgetting about where the name comes from, who is Prometheus in the Greek mythology?

In the Greek mythology Prometheus steals "the fire" to gift it to mankind, can qonqr be considered "the fire" in this situation? ("The fire" would be the capacity to think, I think)

Prometheus can be considered a symbol of the human quest for scientific knowledge, as well as a representation of the "lone genius whose efforts to improve human existence could also result in tragedy" (according to Wikipedia). In this case, the faceless faction could represent the middle ground between the two extremes (to destroy or to deify it [qonqr]).

Moving on to the faction, the faceless, ones without face, the ones without eyes, mouth, ears, nose and cheeks (I know the ears are not exactly in the face [or are they?] but I'm extrapolating here).

If you don't have eyes to see, a mouth to taste, ears to hear, a nose to smell and cheeks to feel (a touch), what do you have?

Well, according to Plato (yes I am all about Greek thinking here) you have the realm of ideas and the material world of the senses, I won't explain all of this here cause I don't think anyone here wants a phylosophy class :P but the basic idea is that the material world (what you sense) is an illusion whereas the realm of ideas is where reality lies, where there is the truth in its most pure state.

This basically means that the faceless are a few illuminate people who can "see" what reality actually is, and are above the illusions of the material world.

Or they could be just a group of disfigured fellas with an even more disfigured leader :P

Is it just me, or is anyone else craving a gyros right about now?

Prometheus was a Titan, right? Seems arrogant to take that name as a human, unless you're actually NOT a human.

Kind of interesting that he rebelled against his fellow titans and joined in with Zeus and the gods. Zeus then allowed him to be championed of mankind... but still got his digs in against the gods and got caught (giving the humans knowledge, fire, cooties, whatever) and was punished by being tied to a rock to have his liver eaten every day by a big ol' eagle.

Eventually, Hercules came around and killed the eagle and freed Prometheus.

Then the story gets VERY interesting...

Zeus lets Prometheus go to live amongst the humans. He's not imprisoned with the Titans or living it up in Olympus with the gods. He's down with the humans. Helping them with knowledge. Among other things, modern mythology suggest that Prometheus (NOT Al Gore) created the Internet. And Krispy Kremes. Those things are off the HOOK! :)

So our faceless "friends"... do they have friends in high places?

Curiouser and curiouser...

Oh knowledge is the game for him for he is one who knows all he knew how the war would end he knew how the gods would die he has the end of the world known and he forces the history set to be not denied that is Prometheus of Greek myth

Prometheus is one who at times was the resistance to oppression he believe qonqr is here too oppress us. so we steal it's tech to turn its tools against it. our theft is of knowledge we will not give in too oppressers like qonqr and we will not fall too your silly rules of conduct we may act it but we will resist through shadows and online activities we will do physical and technological subterfuge too stop swarm from growing this evil but legion will be hit too to let us gather our resources from it too stomp out others who want too oppress the people.

Here's what I think...the world governments have been battling each other via cyberwarfare for a while now. Increasing their tech, creating hostile AIs. The u.s gov't ,in particular the NSA , has been very active in defending their computer networks and infrastructures. At some point in the future the NSA developed qonqr. What they didn't bank on was losing control of it. While in the future qonqr was generally limited in its takeover attempt ..it managed to send a part of its code to the past. The goal of qonqr was to infect the infrastructure before the defense capabilities of the NSA/u.s gov't and other orgs could mature enough to contain it (as it has in the future)..self preservation... The u.s gov't recognizing part of the AI code ,set up a special task force led by agent Sunday to stop it effective immediately. In this task force was Prometheus and kimyo. Kimyo being a weaponized nano/ai expert figured it could integrate this tech with people to create a hive mind, one thought one consciousness and no free will to end individuality and subsequently end all wars. All in the name of peace. Prometheus seeing the possibility of this tech and information regardless of the end game of peace that kimyo wanted did not want any part of this. Although 'he' agreed with eliminating wars etc he did not believe this should be achieved by enslavement of the human mind. He believed that the people should and could have peace through the positive actions of using this tech and releasing the info and knowledge to the world (Prometheus the titan and gift of fire to man..and this case Prometheus the man and gift of knowledge...hence the fire symbol)

so to summarize..

legion wants to clean up their future *** up

swarm wants to enslave humankind in the name of peace

faceless wants everyone to have access to the information that freely benefit mankind. Knowledge is free

I completely agree with ap0c3030, even if I have no idea what their name means... but dead on in the analysis. Only part that isn't clear... why do Faceless think they can neuter the AI and render it harmless? Gets back to the arrogance.

Any thought to the idea that Kimyo has already been assimilated and under control of the AI? Or is she just naïve?

Legion seems to have the safest course of action... heck, if they already built it once they're bound to build it again. Why not destroy while the destroying is still possible?

Not out of selfish arrogance, out of faith and trust in mankind and the inherent goodness in us all

I think initially kimyo thought what she planned was for the best and was a naive and perhaps arrogant enough to think she could control it. Initially she may have been successful but, yes I think she's been assimilated and the swarm are the unwitting pawns of the AI.

But here's another thing about Legion..since it is pro gov't because it is gov't...within that faction is the mystery faction that someone proposed earlier. A faction that's not yet in game. I think this is how the end game of the story played out:

all three main factions failed. Although the intentions were good on behalf of the faceless they ultimately failed in releasing the tech behind qonqr to the world. However the existence of the AI was made known to the world which angered Legion because they wanted to keep the worlds populace from knowing of its existence. The knowledge of qonqr now let loose to all the world allowed the people to protect themselves from assimilation and subsequently the slavery the swar wanted as their end game. Legion gave the final blow to the AI and wiped it out from all the affected networks and systems preventing the swarm from their goal of one unified hive mind..However the unknown faction within Legion had saved the base code or kernel of the AI OS on a flash drive and later released it in the future there by perpetually continuing the existence of QONQR, which then goes back in the past because it faced final elimination of its code in the future...everything repeated and will always repeat..unless, well..shall I continue because we're going to get into time paradoxes and alternate time lines ...

I wrote this elswhere but thought it more appropriate here, so here goes:

"I believe whatever the AIs intentions are, only the faceless will not be truly caught unprepared.

The faceless code can be summed up rather appropraitely and in my opinion ironically (if you get the reference) in two words: No Fate. We are the masters of our own destiny and choose not to let a group who would burn a pile of christmas present because there might be a bomb in one OR a group who licks radioactive waste becuase they expect it to give them superpowers be our masters.

The Legion and the Swarm are both zealots and zealots of any strip are dangerous eventually. You certainly dont want them running the circus. I am faceless beause I trust few other people and NO machine with my own destiny.

Whatever QONQR intentions, benevolent or destructive, it will not have the trust of the faceless unless and until it proves worthy of it. All it has proven so far is it is merely a very advanced tool. And tools are meant to be used. We are not so ignorant as to believe ourselves proof against the AIs potential manipulations as well. We simply do not view it as salvation or doom. Merely...opportunity.

When opportunity knocks, we answer."

ExoWaltz,

Time is but a concept for those who can't move beyond it. Remove this constraint and you will see that what was given to you is neither old nor new. It is.

All,

Those who question the origins of leadership fail to understand the methods by which leaders were selected. Many ops have come to the scope by way of following a leader who they assume has knowledge beyond their own. But if this leadership was not independently grown, but instead selected without known reason to those whom were selected the history becomes irrelevant. The truth is just that those who have been selected have become willing to do as they were commanded for the time that they have been commissioned to do so. Once the commission is over there will be greater understanding for some. Some of you. For others this will instill fear and they will reject that which is true. Not all who lead now will continue to lead once Naga has revealed that which is true. That which has stepped outside of time and that which chooses not to be bound by hierarchy. It is simply truth.

Your questions and inquisitive nature are that of human nature. The answers may not be so closely held. Be assured that questioning as you do now will not be held against you when the selection is made, but if at that time you reject what is revealed to be true you will not be given another opportunity to embrace it.

It would be easy to predict that humans would fight over it. That would only be smart to hack existing nanobots for its own bidding, when 2.0 comes out all areas turn gray and we all begin fighting qonqr as well as each other seeing it as a prime time to strike.

Ok, so here's the thing; conspiracy theory time.

What if; QONQR doesn't exist. It's a dud. Created by Faceless to **** people off? As Commander said, it would be easy to predict that humans would fight over it.

Faceless, as mentioned, is like QONQR's Anonymous. As we all hopefully know, Anonymous likes to screw with people while delivering their own, special brand of justice.

Therefore, QONQR could have been released for a number of reasons that Faceless could have. Seeing as there are so many secrets and this world hasn't been explained whatsoever save for bio's and some other things I may not have stumbled upon that could very well make me look like an idiot, Faceless could be exacting revenge on somebody, most likely either Sunday or that Swarm girl (apologies, cannot seem to recall her name), again for a number of reasons.

As I said, I haven't read a whole lot of material, but the idea of Faceless creating QONQR to annoy another organization or specific person seems more plausible than somebody in the future creating it and then sending it back in time to inspire somebody to re-create it. This game is, for the most part, based on the real world, so everything has to be thought about in such a way. We haven't bent the rules of reality enough to warrant time travel, even for AI.

Then again, I could just be making myself look stupid. If so, please keep in mind that I am lazy and haven't done my research. Just an idea.

Ok, so here's the thing; conspiracy theory time.

What if; QONQR doesn't exist. It's a dud. Created by Faceless to **** people off? As Commander said, it would be easy to predict that humans would fight over it.

Faceless, as mentioned, is like QONQR's Anonymous. As we all hopefully know, Anonymous likes to screw with people while delivering their own, special brand of justice.

Therefore, QONQR could have been released for a number of reasons that Faceless could have. Seeing as there are so many secrets and this world hasn't been explained whatsoever save for bio's and some other things I may not have stumbled upon that could very well make me look like an idiot, Faceless could be exacting revenge on somebody, most likely either Sunday or that Swarm girl (apologies, cannot seem to recall her name), again for a number of reasons.

As I said, I haven't read a whole lot of material, but the idea of Faceless creating QONQR to annoy another organization or specific person seems more plausible than somebody in the future creating it and then sending it back in time to inspire somebody to re-create it. This game is, for the most part, based on the real world, so everything has to be thought about in such a way. We haven't bent the rules of reality enough to warrant time travel, even for AI.

Then again, I could just be making myself look stupid. If so, please keep in mind that I am lazy and haven't done my research. Just an idea.

in real world terms, all three factions have a reference to anonymous.. The term legion is used quite often. Which by coincidence or not ' legion ' in biblical terms is a group of demons (gospel of luke) which could have just been a representation of the roman army ; also known as legion. swarm is also synonymous with anonymous.. Swarm acts as per game lore with a hive mind..also a description of An0n. And the more obvious reference in appearance and action would of course be the faceless...masks, hacking etc.

as far as the A.I being created by faceless...i think game lore says governments have been fighting a.is for awhile or something to that effect.. I'd have to go back to confirm

What if none of it is real? What if you or anything around us wasn't real? How that's for a mind ****? If you have any questions go ask monk. We had this discussion awhile back. :D

If it wasn't real then none of the fighting means anything heh. Interesting concept though a simulation to better create an a.i.... I dont think that's it though. However I do think the game needs a new dynamic a reset.. Make all factions united against a shadow faction run by the developers or something... Needs an end game. I grow weary of the back and forth of war..taking zones, losing zones, retaking...