The Official QONQR Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
McPwn

Bot Boosters - Worth Using?

Has anyone found Bot Boosters to be worth using?

How they work is by increasing the base damage of your attacks. So for example if you would do 1000 dmg. (before scope upgrade bonuses), with 100% boost, you'll do 2000 base damage instead. So after 30% bonus from a Damage Enhancer then you'd have 2300 damage, since its bonus only applies to the base damage as well.

But can it possibly be worth 80,000k for bots that could be vaporized at any time, just to get that bonus?

With max scope upgrades, you get 5000 bot boosters per deployment. Every 10000 gives +25% and costs 20000. So +100% costs 80,000 credits/80 cubes.

That's enough to upgrade 80 shockwaves to nanomissiles. Or pay for 160 DPF Cores. And all it takes is for one enemy to attack the zone, which is likely, and poof there goes your bonus damage.

So to defend this stack you would need a lot of help, which costs even more resources. Does anyone feel this is possibly worth it?

I had this same debate a little while back. Due to this risk factor/investment factor, its probably better to just focus on turning those credits into missiles rather than boosters right now. Of course, if you have a dormant player with a massive nanobot stack, a few allies passing through and want to bring down the zone fast, I could see it possibly worth it, that is if you are sitting on a massive amount of credits. For cubes, its better to by refreshes rather than turn those into credits right now.

Well, the 100% bonus is a fixed cost, so from a defense standpoint, their value increases the more deployments you plan on defending against, approaching 0. With just 50-100k reflectors, the 40,000 and 80,000 bots would be expensive. But with a base of 1 million, or 5 million, it would be effectively doubling the number of attacks you can defend against. I'll do some math and post a spreadsheet on here and the wiki.

Well it does happen - If you go away on holidays and your allies are also away or not responding - then you can watch from afar as your zone gets pummeled. My nemesis here in Sydney - Willie gets up real early in the morning - eg 4am ( I can tell from the time he takes zones in the command wire) and he has used that time to throw in some boosters and hit one of my big zones. The flip side to this is he needs to go to bed earlier then me so I can do the same late at night.

Have you ever had the opportunity to test and see if multiple players can have boosters and have it be cumulative? Because I read that if two guys have 10k boosters each, then the effect is only that of 10k... not 20k as you would expect.

I used Boosters on the active attack of San Marcos a while back - twice. when we launched the attack we had no resistance - so I launched some in - a few hours later, defense started tearing them up - so i just kept attacking - later when the defense died off I fired in more. In the long run - I think it was worth it to negate all the strengthen.

Have you ever had the opportunity to test and see if multiple players can have boosters and have it be cumulative? Because I read that if two guys have 10k boosters each, then the effect is only that of 10k... not 20k as you would expect.

based on the way it is advertised, bot booster and strengthen both have a cumulative effect based on the total boosters or strengthens there. They shouldn't have to all be from one person.

In my offensive against SM I can tell you I was dropping significantly more bots per launch when boosters were deployed than when not.

I would be interested in knowing if they impact seekers initial shot before the attack starts... but i think that would require understanding if seekers are working as designed first.

I use Bot Boosters, and they work just fine for me. Granted if I'm using them I've got a purpose and a plan. Those things are expensive! -But they DO work, and work well in my opinion.

The game sometimes (or often) is about bot resources. Assuming you have time on your hands and can be patient, the overheat game mechanic favors larger bot deployments vs, smaller bot deployments. In other words: QONQR doesn't actively limit the number of Bots you deploy, just the number of deployments...

Bot Boosters to boost attacks work great when you have a local team taking down a big local target and you know the defender is going to be away for set period of time and you have a window of opportunity to work with. For instance: The local active college player with the 1 Million bot battlezone tends to go home on weekends to do their laundry. The locals around on the weekend can take advantage of this with bot boosters and focused attacks. This is just one example of how bot boosters can and should be used.

In my experience the effect of two players with each having 10k boosters worked as only 10k boosters. -However, the last time I tested that was a LONG time ago and will admit that the testing had some unreliable aspects at the time. They may work cumulative now; HOWEVER, the total effect peaks at 40k of each type of support bot. I usually suggest that players just focus one team player to deploy the support bots so there isn't waste or duplication of effort. With such expensive bots, it would be a shame to have redundant support bots in a zone in my opinion.

Question about these "Boosters": They are supposed to work for you and all your faction allies correct? So if a local player deploys them into a heavily defended zone or two, then remote faction allies launch missiles, does the missile damage get boosted or amplified? I was thinking this may be the only way to take down some defensive players these days. IMHO, the extensive game rebalance is overly weighted now towards defense. To take out only 453 bots with Shockwave now is demoralizing. I see players just amassing large amounts of bots now and not doing much. Appreciate the answer to the question. Thx.

You only have to look at the leaderboard in the UK to see most are just deploying simply to be at the top. The game is harder from an offence point of view but only because kill figures are lower.

The smart money is on multiple players in the same faction within a reasonable distance of each other for defensive support or offensive strikes. Recruit, recruit,recruit.

Can you describe precisely the test you did?

Sorry - do you still want to know ? We found out ages ago that one player with all the strengtheners would get hit first, so we got all the players to deploy till we had around 40,000 strengtheners total - it was usually just over as someone usually can't count. By looking at how many bots were taken out by a single attack - we worked out that it was just as effective as one player having the 40k strengtheners but it spread the threat around.

I use both on my main bases. We split them up between the group so that one person does not grab all the threat, but I find them very useful when repelling attacks. If we have 40k Galvanizers and 40k Amps one person can defend an attack from 2 or 3 people and actually continue to increase the bot count for that zone - so yes I find them very worth the cost in a defensive manner.

I wouldn't deploy support bots unless I had 25,000 Harden Lattice Bots first.

Then it would depend on how many team members where in the zone with me. If there are a decent amount of players in the zone I'll deploy Divert Bots first to cover up the support bot threat. If I'm trying to spear head the assault on my own or other players don't have a lot of bots in the zone I'll build my defense up Deflection bots first.

8 Deployments on maximum recharge doesn't take very long. When battling for a well defended zone it's basically mandatory to level the playing field. This is a game of patience. Save your QCredit for the maximum rate of return. Every battle will be different.