The Official QONQR Community Forums
sn0wslay3r

Swarm fortress NW (aka Portland)

Hi all! I play as sn0wslay3r and with the help of a friend of mine (JonnyOneMove) we've taken over most of Western Oregon and enjoy lobbing missiles north toward Seattle (much to the chagrin of the Faceless.) QONQR has been pretty fun over the past couple months but after hitting the level cap there isn't much left to do. I still check in regularly to collect base money and make sure the Faceless stay in their place (subjugated and complicit.)

Reclaimed? You kinda have to lay claim to something originally to reclaim it in the future. Though semantics aside you're still just a very small fish in a rather large pond. When you can hold onto a node for more than a day you'll be making positive steps, in the meantime you're just an annoyance.

Yes. An annoyance that you seem to be having problems keeping control of.

OOC for a sec: you guys have definitely built up a **** of a foothold and it's been a lot of fun so far in tackling your control. I look forward to how this siege for control plays out. It's always more fun when you have an opposition. Even one as "annoying" as me.

It is fun to have someone local to spar with, it was getting expensive tossing missiles up at Seattle all the time.

"Yes. An annoyance that you seem to be having problems keeping control of." Control can have many different meanings, have you noticed that you aren't able to ever build up a large amount of units on any of the nodes? With a game like this you can't prevent someone from taking over nodes here and there, too many spots manage with diminishing recharge rates. But we monitor what you're doing and where you're at so that any attempts to set up a permanent foothold are for naught. What can I say, we're aggressive like that.

Yeah I'm already lvl 66.

The fight for Hillsboro has been pretty heavy. I like a challenge, but I like even more not being demoralized on the way.

You two have kept this a lot of fun and a heck of a challenge. Most importantly though, you've been rather civil (at least on the forums) about your new "neighbor". We should get together sometime just for the heck of it.

I've been wondering: are you guys using windows phones or iOS devices?

"The fight for Hillsboro has been pretty heavy" I don't think many Oregonians would have thought those words would be uttered any time soon hahaha

Hitting level 66 this quickly is impressive, with the recharge rate slowdown (and work obligations) it can be hard to consistently put out units on the map. I have to say that defense in the game is quite a bit more difficult than offense, it's hard to find a deployment mix that can stand up to any sort of sustained attack.

We both us the WP7 version of the game and it appears to have an interface that's different than the iOS version. I'll have to check out my friend's iOS version (he has it loaded but doesn't play it) to see how they compare.

That explains it. The WP7 version gives you notifications of attacks and stuff. The iOS version gives you no proactive heads up. So I'm constantly having to survey the map and my bases to see what has changed.

66? No wonder it's been hard keeping you at bay, lol! Sn0wslay3r's right, the game is not exactly defensively geared, which makes sense. It's all about taking over nodes...

Hillsoboro, who'd have thought that would have turned into the prized node?

If you turn those notifications off, then your playing on the same field as me. Otherwise at present all windows phones have a programtic advantage over the iOS.

"Otherwise at present all windows phones have a programtic advantage over the iOS." How many times does that ever happen? I gotta hand it to the QONQR crew, they've given WP7 more love than most developers have so far and it's very much appreciated.

I get notified if a node that I have "control" of is taken, but I have the rest of them turned off. For the most part I find it's more efficient to zoom out a couple levels on the map and just scan the area, some of the nodes names are random enough that I can't place them anyway (I couldn't place Patton or Kansas City OR on a map if I had a gun to my head.)

Darkiran, keep going, dont give up!

I had a pretty similar situation, but we the numbers was 2 agaist 5, and they were Legions.

But they wasn't tough enough, and we could beat them.

So dont give up! :)