The Official QONQR Community Forums
IceFrog

Gaining a Foothold

Where I live/play is surrounded by Faceless. Lots of them- at very high levels. I was wondering a tactic to be able to secure and hold some zones so I can at least get a foothold in the area so I have somewhere to start my bases. Any ideas or tips are welcomed. It seems like as soon as I take a zone they control within minutes they have taken it back and piled thousands of bots in. It's a bit overwhelming and frustrating. Any help?

If it was me, I would ask the Faceless for a zone that you can have. Seeing as you're new, they might be willing to work with you. I've tried to do that but the Swarm in my area are stubborn and don't believe in working with other factions so it all depends on how willing the Faceless are.

or find an area nearby with a heavy legion presence, and take a road trip.

should probably clarify a bit. drop your bases wherever you can starting out. harvesting qredits at a slow rate is better than not harvesting at all.

then take a roadtrip to a legion controlled area and redeploy your bases. but don't deploy any bots (you don't want to leave any clues about where your bases might be). let the guys in an established area worry about holding zones and protecting your bases. since you're the only legion operative in your local area, it's going to be obvious where your bases are and those will be the zones that get attacked first. stashing your zones in another area, city, state, or country allows you to attack, and harvest qredits at the full rate, without having to worry too much about defense. break the enemies will in one zone, and move on to the next. one persistent player can cause lots of trouble in enemy territory.

at the end of the day, it's all about the grind 'til you hit level 100.

Too me diplomacy is top need in this game some legion helped me clear some swarm and let me take over from there on out but the main part is to talk it out If that doesn't work my next rule is too target their bases heavily and never hold a zone and when a base is down hit the next extreme activity is needed for this to work quite frankly I look forward to diplomatic chats.

For me personally the grind came after 100, seeing 0 Xp gained after deployments took a lot of getting used to. I came to thinking that levels 1-100 are more a training period.

I'm all better now.

Where I live/play is surrounded by Faceless. Lots of them- at very high levels. I was wondering a tactic to be able to secure and hold some zones so I can at least get a foothold in the area so I have somewhere to start my bases. Any ideas or tips are welcomed. It seems like as soon as I take a zone they control within minutes they have taken it back and piled thousands of bots in. It's a bit overwhelming and frustrating. Any help?

Where do you live?

Here's what you do: recruit 5 or 10 people you know. Explain to them that you need them to push "launch" for 2 minutes, 3 or 4 times per hour, whenever they are awake, for the next few weeks/months/years. If they find this proposition to be unfavorable, use ****, drugs, and/or money to influence them just as you would to a judge, cop, teacher, or boss. Explain that they'll need to download tons of free apps and watch ads on their phone and buy cubes to become powerful faster.

Or just find a local OCD support group.

I have the same problem, i live in a area swamped with Swarm but i am out if state right now.. Leveling up and buying some new gear. Im gonna surprise them when i get home with a take over... Hopefully lol

Hit and run tactics work great. Just bug the vrap out of them and keep leveling till you get stronger, then you can take and hold areas. You could also make it a point to find some outoftheway areas to take and hold. You may have an easier time doing that.

The newbie players are the most irritating. To have your zone attacked by someone who has just started is really, really annoying.

Remember you were a newb at one point. Like all of us at one point.

Like previous people have stated, build bases anywhere, rebuild them in friendly zones when you can, reach out to your region faction members, and here's what I would add:

1. You get more XP from attacking so just keep hitting the area and don't worry about a foothold. You'll catch up quicker than you think, especially if you're active.

2. Read the attack strategy threads so you can make your attacks more effective.

3. Play the long game. Don't waste credits unnecessarily, there is no point sending out attacks that you have to buy ammo for early on.

4. People think faceless are cool, there's a lot of them, deal with it. ;)

4. People think faceless are cool...

hmm... Legion are people, and Swarm are people... so THAT means Legion and Swarm think Faceless are cool! Aww... that's so sweet... :)

LOL.

I'm going to have to word things very carefully in the future. Apparently, I have to get quite specific around you.

Legion and Swarm are groups of people, but are not representative of ALL people. The use of "People" was a colloqualism, I could have just as easily said "Some people," "Everyone," "They," etc, etc,. I can write a formal post in APA or MLA in the future. Maybe I'll even throw in a Venn diagram. I cannot speak for all people as I'm not omniscient, nor do I have the authority to do so, and so I will stop assuming people will not take everything literally. ;)

Saying all that, I think you're cool. :) I think the game is cool. I'll even grant it to Faceless by extension. :D

LOL.

I'm going to have to word things very carefully in the future. Apparently, I have to get quite specific around you.

Legion and Swarm are groups of people, but are not representative of ALL people. The use of "People" was a colloqualism, I could have just as easily said "Some people," "Everyone," "They," etc, etc,. I can write a formal post in APA or MLA in the future. Maybe I'll even throw in a Venn diagram. I cannot speak for all people as I'm not omniscient, nor do I have the authority to do so, and so I will stop assuming people will not take everything literally. ;)

Saying all that, I think you're cool. :) I think the game is cool. I'll even grant it to Faceless by extension. :D

MLA format and a VENN Diagram do sound much more pleasing on the eyes. LOL