The Official QONQR Community Forums
forbin

custom application

If one were to have the technical ability to discover the various APIs available and how to call them and created an application that let said individual easily see their bot counts for their bases on one screen would this violate TOS or would it be allowable as a fan creation?

I did read the TOS. What I was trying to figure out was whether what I described would be a violation. As it would not alter gameplay or allow for a faster level up it wouldn't appear to violate item 1 or 2. It would not impact 4-7 either. The only one I question is 3. As the application described would not be accessing the web services "in" the game, but rather from outside it, would this be a violation

With respect to the API not being public, it most certainly is. It may not be documented, or publicized, but it is quite public.

I don't define public as "can I access it", I consider it has the company allowed the public population the right to use it.

Though you technically can access some information, permission to do so is a different story.

I searched around the forums as best I could, but the term "api" doesn't yield results because it is too short. The word "service" didn't yield anything useful either. I wasn't sure what else to search under and, perhaps I'm dense, but the TOS seemed to be vague on the specific use I described. While our definitions of public may be different, my question remains. I will contact someone directly to inquire.

Hi Forbin,

We have plans to expose a "for public use" API that you will be able to connect to. Void has been poking me with a sharp stick to get him an API for many months :)

I started the work when we built the command center, but had to put it on hold to work on performance optimizations. I plan to issue application tokens to developers who want to consume our data, and likely implement OAuth to give end users access to personal activity.

Our terms of service currently state you may not connect to the existing API except through using the unmodified game client we developed. While you could possibly reverse engineer the API, you are not supposed to. We detected one user who had done this and was pulling data for him and his friends. As a result, all their accounts and devices they had used to play the game were permanently banned from accessing our servers.

We will build a public API, but other things are higher on the priority list at the moment. No estimate of release date of the public API.